Look out 2014! You’re mine, baby. I’m going to meet every day you throw at me with a determination to wear you out. By the time December 31st rolls around you’re going to be thrilled to hand over the reins to the new kid because I intend to thoroughly exhaust you!
Wow! That’s more bravado than I’ve used for decades. I gotta admit it felt pretty good. So many wonderful things are at the starting line for me. I can’t wait to see what happens after the buzzer goes off. I’m getting tremendous support from Random House, readers, family, and friends. Here’s how it’s looking so far:
My first book, The Fixer gets released February 4, 2014. It’s getting rave pre-publication reviews and I’m eager to hear what you think. The sequel (The Red Hot Fix) is released June 10, 2014, and the third in the series (The Unforgiveable Fix) comes out in October. My agent and editor are great. I have a terrific production and marketing team courtesy of Random House, and the Seahawks won the Super Bowl!
Not too shabby, huh? So here I am, hat in hand, asking for your support. Because I may be the one who’s mouthing off to 2014 warning it to look out for me…but I’m also the one who knows The Beatles were right: We get by with a little help from our friends.
Here’s what I need:
1) Order my book! The Fixer comes out February 4th. Get on Amazon, or Barnes and Noble, or I-Books…whatever is your source, and order that book! I promise you it will be the best $2.99 entertainment dollar you’ve spent so far this year.
2) Read the book! Many of you know I self-published The Fixer in 2012, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the wonderful comments I’ve received. There’s no doubt that it’s because of your support I have a contract with Random House now. PLEASE READ IT AGAIN! My wonderful editor has made so many suggestions to make the book stronger. Lydia has a love interest. There’s more twists. You may think you’ve heard The Fixer’s story…but trust me, you haven’t heard it all. And I want you ready for the sequel. I don’t want you lost when you encounter characters you’ve not met before.
3) Comment on the book! Even if it’s a few words or sentences. It doesn’t need to be a five page book report. Folks read those comments when trying to decide what book to choose. Help them choose The Fixer.
4) Tell your friends about the book! You know where you get your own ideas for what to read next, right? From friends you trust…folks whose taste you admire. If you like The Fixer tell everyone you know about this mysterious woman who takes matters into her own hands and doles out justice where it’s been denied.
5) Stay in touch! Let me share this year with you, okay? Go to my website, like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter. I’ve just thrown down the gauntlet to an entire year! I just told the forces of time to bring it! Aren’t you the least curious to find out how it turns out? Stick with me. I’ll let you know how it goes.
6) Tell me what YOU intend to do with this year! I want to know. What are YOU going to be talking about when you re-cap 2014?
Here’s to hard work, supporting winds, and happy endings.